UPDATE: Three injured, one critically, after an an accident on Pole Line Road involving a harvest truck and a pickup Friday afternoon – KMVT

TWIN FALLS, Idaho (KMVT/KSVT) — UPDATE: Idaho State Police released a press release Friday night following the accident on Pole Line Road and Fillmore.
According to Idaho State Police a 65 year old male from Rupert was traveling Eastbound on Pole Line Road in a 2000 Freightliner semi with a single trailer.
A 66 year old male and his passenger, a 63 year old female were traveling Westbound in a 2019 Chevy Silverado.
The Chevy Silverado was making a U-Turn and the freightliner semi failed to stop for the traffic control device and collided in the intersection where the trailer overturned.
The drivers of both vehicles were transported via ground ambulance and the passenger of the Chevy Silverado was transported via air ambulance.
All occupants were wearing their seatbelts.
The intersection was blocked for 4 hours and 45 minutes.
Idaho State Police was assisted by Twin Falls Police Department, Twin Falls County Sheriff’s Office, Idaho Transportation Department and the Twin Falls Street Department.
The accident is still under investigation.
ORIGINAL STORY: Pole Line Road was closed off at Fillmore for an accident that happened at around 3 o’clock Friday afternoon.
A semi hauling potatoes collided with a truck with a camper at the intersection of Fillmore. Twin Falls Police, the Twin Falls Fire Department, first responders and Idaho State Police responded to the scene. Life flight was called in as one of the drivers had to be extricated out of one of the vehicles. Pole line road was closed from Blue Lakes Boulevard to Washington Street.
Twin Falls Fire Department Deputy Chief Mitchell Brooks gave an update on the condition of those involved.
“We ended up having 3 patients, one in the semi-truck, two in the passenger vehicle. Two of them had to extracted, one is being flown to Ermac and two got transported by ground ambulance to St. Luke’s. With the mechanism of injury on this one, they had crushing injuries. We had two engines that provided that extractions, we had our aide car respond with two personnel, then we had our incident commander and our battalion chief who responded.”
The accident is still under investigation and we will bring you more information when it become available.
Copyright 2023 KMVT. All rights reserved.